HTC U11 hands-on
Just when we thought HTC was through with this generation's flagship announcement in the form of the U Ultra, the Taiwanese manufacturer decided it would squeeze one more release in.
Yes, it seems HTC is far from done with its new "liquid design" concept. In fact, it is now clear that the U Play and U Ultra were merely international ambassadors to the company's new style. According to HTC, we have at least three of four evolutions of it to look forward to, all presumably under the "U" moniker.
HTC U11 at a glance
- Body: Glass back with a "liquid surface", IP67 waterproofing.
- Screen: 5.5" Super LCD5 with 1,440 x 2,560px resolution and Gorilla Glass 5.
- Chipset: 2.45GHz Snapdragon 835 running Android 7.1 Nougat with HTC Sense and Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa (where supported).
- Camera: 12MP UltraPixel 3, UltraSpeed Autofocus, f/1.7, OIS, DualLED flash, RAW capture.
- Video: 4K video recording with 3D Audio, Hi-Res audio, Acoustic Focus ; 1080p @ 120fps slow-mo.
- Selfie: 16MP with Live Make-up; 1080p video recording
- Memory: 4GB RAM (64GB version) and 6GB RAM (128GB version), microSD slot.
- Connectivity: 1Gbps LTE, VoLTE, Wi-Fi calling, Optional DualSIm model, USB-C port with USB 3.1 and DisplayPort support, no 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, NFC, GPS, GLONASSS, Beidou support.
- Battery: 3,000mAh, QuickCharge 3.0.
- Audio: Active Noise Cancellation with supplied headphones, BoomSound stereo speakers, 3D Audio recording with 4 mics, High-res audio support.
- Sensors: Edge squeeze sensor, fingerprint sensor.
Huawei confirms P20 Pro's name with a billboard in Barcelona
Huawei is due to announce its next flagship smartphone family at a special event in Paris on March 27.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ hands-on review
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ are here, official, unwrapped, and we go in full hands-on mode.
LG V30 lives through scratch, bend and burn tests
Smartphone boogeyman JerryRigEverything got his hands on an LG V30 and put it through his own version of the Salem witch trials – he scratched, bent and burned it.
Nokia 8 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage officially confirmed to be coming next month
The Nokia 8 variant with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage was recently spotted in documents of the US FCC
Just in: Xiaomi Mi 6 hands-on
The Xiaomi Mi 6 is special. With 6GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 835, it's Xiaomi's most powerful smartphone.